Sunday, June 19, 2011

Went out for a bucket of chicken....

Things out here in the country just aren't quite the same as in the city....




Take this afternoon for instance. I had to run out and and grab a bucket of chicken. Not because we needed lunch, rather because it started raining.....

Don't worry, we didn't eat them.
Yet....
It was just the easiest way to transport the whole kit and caboodle out into the sunshine. Which is infinitely cheaper than the heat lamp they were under inside the barn.

Laundry takes an entire day sometimes, but it is always a pleasant one...

Or as my electrician hubby calls it, our "two pole, four wire clothes dryer." I'm assured that that's funny around electricians. I have my doubts.

We have a salad bar we go to pretty regularly. It is both self-service and all-you-can-eat. It's pretty cheap to boot.


Patience, takes on a whole new meaning out here. I'm seriously craving fresh peaches, and I'm reasonably sure it's going to be a while....



Speaking of patience. We are still waiting on a part for our tiller to come in, so our salsa will be a little mild this year if it doesn't get here quick. There will also not be a lot of other things if it doesn't hurry, but our hot peppers need in like yesterday.


I got a fantastic deal on blueberry and thornless blackberry bushes this past spring, they were really healthy but were teeny tiny. So here they are hanging out and getting bigger in some of my ever popular repurposed gallon jugs.
Seriously, don't ever throw a clean jug out. You'd be surprised at all the uses for them (mini-greenhouses for seed starting here), but that's another post.



I'm working on a post to catch up with all the goings on around here, including our baby bunny catastrophe, and a how-to (and how-not-to!) on a really cool space saving way to grow a 25' row of strawberries in a space as small as (or even on) an apartment patio.

With all the goings on, I just haven't made the time.



So until next time, I'll leave you with a shot of super cuteness ......

No comments:

Post a Comment